AA Breakdown Cover
Do I need breakdown cover?
Breakdown cover gives you peace of mind - once you're covered, you don't need to worry about what to do if you break down. Just call us and we'll fix your vehicle by the roadside or, if it needs repair work, tow you to a nearby garage.
We're proud of the quality of our service - but don't just take our word for it. We've been awarded 5 stars by independent research company Defaqto, and more than 95% of our breakdown cover reviews recommend us - here's just a few reasons why:
- We're the UK's largest breakdown organisation, with more than 2,700 dedicated mobile mechanics - which means we fix more breakdowns at the roadside than anyone else.
- Our trained experts rescue someone every 9 seconds, and fix 8 out of 10 cars at the roadside.
- They all attend more than 1,200 breakdowns every year (that's more than 4 breakdowns a day, each).
- You can also enjoy exclusive Member benefits when you join us.
We've been getting people back on the road for over 100 years - since 1905, in fact. Back then, we promised to campaign for road safety and put our Members first - and we're still doing that today.
- AA Roadside Assistance offers 24/7 cover for breakdowns over 1/4 mile from home. If we can't complete repairs at the roadside, we'll take you and your vehicle to a nearby garage.
- Over 1,000 more dedicated vehicles than anyone else
- Unlimited call-outs - repeat call outs for the same fault will not be covered.